Dates of the event are as follows. Event is June 23rd through the 25th. Re-enactors may begin to show up and set up as early as Wednesday the 21st. Vendors may begin setting up as early as Monday the 19th. Gates open to spectators at 8am June 23rd.
June is a HOT time of year in Gettysburg! The land covers a large area and the sun is bright! Be sure to use sunscreen. Drink plenty of water! Wear comfortable shoes. You will be doing a lot of walking!
This event is handicapped accessible. However, the event is being held on fields that are actively farmed. The ground is uneven and ridged. It may not be the most friendly environment for handicapped persons. We have the ability to shuttle, but we cannot dedicate a vehicle to remain with you at all times.
Spectator areas are close to the battlefields. Rifle fire and cannon fire are LOUD! If you have sensitive hearing, or simply want to protect your hearing, be sure to bring your own hearing protection. None will be provided at the site.
Security will be checking you at the gates. You will be passing through a metal detector at the gate. If you bring a cooler, or backpack, large bags or anything of the sort, it will be subject to search.
NO FIREARMS. We are supporters of the second amendment, but due to the type of event, and the fact that we will be discharging blank ammunition, for everyone’s safety, we do not want any live weapons or ammo accidentally mixing with the re-enactors firearms.
The following items ARE PROHIBITED from coming into the venue:
Please note. It is understood that re-enactors “live” on the site throughout the entire event. Many of the following items such as knives, medications. etc. do not apply to reenactors as they are needed to cook, and care throughout the event. The entire list applies to spectators.
· Illegal substances
· Drugs or drug paraphernalia
· Unsealed over the counter medications or vitamins.
· Animals (Except services animals)
· Laser pointers
· Native American headdresses
· Glass, Cans, Cups, or coolers
· Open containers
· Markers, pens, or spray paint
· Large chains or spiked jewelry
· Stickers or flyers or promotional signage
· Inflated toys, balls, balloons (must arrive un-inflated)
· Sports equipment
· Tents, umbrellas, or hammocks
· Camping gear
· Soap, shampoo, conditioner, or other detergents
· Hydration backpacks that contain non-removable and/or opaque bladder, which impede inspection of contents.
· Backpacks, purses, or bags larger than 12”x12”
· Multi-pocket bags
· Pre-filed refillable vape devices (Chambers must arrive empty)
· Unsealed tampons
· Liquid makeup
· Unsealed or aerosol sunscreen.
· Outside food, beverages, or candy
· Musical instruments
· Tactical gear
· Walkie talkies
· Professional grade tripods, monopods, GoPro sticks
· Fireworks, flammable products, projectiles, or explosives
· Chinese lanterns
· Weapons of any kind (Including pocketknives, pepper spray, etc.)
· Professional recording equipment – photo, video, or audio (Including detachable lenses, tripods, big zooms, etc.)
· Vending without a permit
· Drones or unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs)
· Bicycles, scooters, go carts, skateboards, hoverboards, or ATVs.
· Open fires or grills
· Pets (Unless it is a service animal)
Items deemed as posing a threat to the safe enjoyment of the festival / event by management
The following items are NOT PROHIBITED from entering the venue:
· One-Pocket clinch bags, single compartment backpacks, and purses (Max 12”x12”)
· Fanny Packs
· Reusable aluminum water bottles (Arrive empty)
· Hydration backpacks, camelbacks, bota, etc. Bladder must be removable, transparent, and subject to inspection (Arrive empty)
· Clear plastic water bottles (Arrive empty)
· Factory Sealed single serve plastic water bottle (Limit on per person)
· Handheld camera devices. (GoPro, digital phone, point and shoot cameras, disposable cameras)
· Selfie sticks
· Mobile phones
· Portable battery chargers
· Sunglasses, kaleidoscope glasses, and goggles
· Dust and surgical mask
· Glowing, illuminated costumes or jewelry.
· Lip liner, lip gloss, lipstick, sealed ChapStick
· Sealed packs of gum
· Sealed eyedrops
· Sealed Tampons
· Dry makeup (NO liquid makeup)
· Factory sealed sunscreen (Travel size, non-aerosol)
· Factory sealed deodorant (Travel size, non-aerosol)
· Factory sealed / despisable E-cigarettes, vape pens, and cartridges.
· Refillable vape devices (Chambers must arrive empty)
· Factory sealed packs of cigarettes.
· Plastic tarps and blankets